Electrical fire in supermarket
A supermarket in Chudleigh had to be evacuated this morning after a small fire broke out in its air conditioning unit.
Three fire crews were dispatched to the Co-op on Market Way just before 9.30am after reports of smoke issuing from the premises.
When they arrived the building was "slightly smoke logged" but nobody had been injured.
A thermal imaging camera was used and the power supply to the unit was isolated and made safe before the shop was ventilated.
A member of staff at the store said: "There was a small fire caused by an electrical fault. It's all fine now though and it's business as usual."