Firefighters called to Torquay town centre shop blaze
TWO fire crews and an aerial ladder platform were sent to reports of a fire in Torquay town centre yesterday afternoon.
The alarm was raised at 12.20pm in Union Street as the fire began in the ground floor kitchen of the two storey retail unit which houses travel agents Thomas Cook.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property with one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
The cause was accidental, and the kitchen suffered moderate damage.
Holiday Home FOR SALE in Brixham, South Devon £2500 OFF any Regal...View details
Holiday Home FOR SALE IN BRIXHAM WITH SEA VIEWS over looking St. Mary's Bay beach. Come and take a look today. ONE WEEK ONLY. Facilities on site. Pools, Ents, Club, Shop. Quiet park with stunning area
Terms: Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or with a P/X on park. Come and take a look today and own your own part of South Devon. For allot less than you can imagine!! Letting permitted
Contact: 01803 220485
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Fire crews also ventilated the property and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots