Iron starts fire at house in Paignton.
A house in Paignton was left severely smoke damaged after the owner left the iron on.
Two crews were sent to Longstone Road at 10.45am today.
They broke down the front door to get inside the family home and found the unattended appliance had caused a small fire.
The owner, who had been out shopping, then returned to find his house badly damaged by smoke.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Firefighters have issued a warning to homeowners not to leave the house without checking appliances are switched off.