Man treated after Paignton kitchen fire
THE kitchen of a house in Paignton was badly damaged in a fire on Monday night in which a man was treated for the effects of smoke.
The incident happened just after 5pm at the house in Great Headland Road, Preston.
The Fire Service were called to reports of the smell of smoke and the fire alarm sounding.
Two appliances from Torquay were sent.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The fire was in the first floor kitchen of a two-storey property, and crews used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets, a covering jet and positive pressure ventilation.
They then asked for backup as they were unsure if there was anyone still inside the property.
The man was rescued from the property suffering effects of smoke inhalation and was placed in the hands of paramedics.
The kitchen received 70 per cent damage by fire.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidential.