Pensioner 'back from dead' thanks to skills of guard
A TORBAY pensioner today thanked a security guard for "bringing her back from the dead" after she collapsed at a dog show in Bath.
Maureen Ogier, 77, of Hill Park Road, Torquay, admitted: "If it was not for him I would not be here now."
She had been with her daughter, Chrissie Osborne from Queensway in Chelston, at the time.
Fortunately Shaun Ryan was on hand to put his lifesaving skills to effective use by resuscitating the casualty before she was rushed to hospital.
With a wealth of experience in all aspects of upvc, from windows & doors to conservatories and anything in between GDH UPVC offers competitive prices why not call today you maybe surprised!
Contact: 01803 226676
Valid until: Thursday, June 20 2013
Maureen, who was only discharged from Bath's Royal United Hospital on Sunday after the collapse at the end of May, said: "I can't remember a thing of what happened. But I have been told since that I did die and was brought back to life by Shaun. It's quite scary to think I had been briefly dead.
"I think he was absolutely marvellous. What else can you say about someone who saved your life? All I can do is thank him for doing what he did. I'm still alive because of him."
Doctors' advice to Maureen on leaving hospital was to go away for a break — and that's exactly what she did by attending another dog show in Windsor.
She said: "I'm sitting here in the sunshine having a lazy and very enjoyable late breakfast — all thanks to Shaun."
She was with 57-year-old Chrissie showing their pedigree Bichon Frise dogs.
Chrissie said of the drama which nearly claimed her mother's life: "Her heartbeat was going too fast — and her body could not keep up with it. She actually died on the grass and Shaun brought her back. She doesn't remember anything about it."
She added: "It was thanks to Shaun's quick response and skills that she is still my mum."
Shaun Ryan is a Security Industry Authority-licensed door supervisor working for RS Security, who were providing security for this event.
He had recently completed an intensive First Aid at Work course.
An RS Security spokesman said: "It was this training that enabled Shaun to know exactly what to do when dealing with Mrs Ogier."
Chrissie said: "We were absolutely shocked initially but realised Shaun knew what he was doing.
"He even directed us to the hospital by driving ahead of us as we were not sure where she had been taken. The hospital staff told us that his quick response and professional training saved her life."