Woodburning stove caused fire in Brixham lounge
A chimney fire which threatened to spread through a house in Brixham, South Devon, was doused by firefighters yesterday morning. One fire engine from Brixham was sent to the property in Roseacre Terrace at 7.30am after the flue from a woodburning stove caused a small fire in a false beam in the lounge. Officers removed the woodburner and flue and cut away the lintel as the fire had spread. A builder was contacted by the owners to assess the chimney.