Three taken to hospital after Torquay kitchen fire
THREE people were taken to hospital after a fire in Torquay on Thursday evening.
The alarm was raised at 5.45pm in Empire Road, Plainmoor.
Two fire crews from Torquay were sent to the kitchen fire on the ground floor.
They used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one covering jet, small tools and thermal image camera to deal with the incident.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to clear smoke from the building.
An ambulance was requested for one woman and two girls who were all taken to hospital suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.